Wednesday 29 June 2011

Midsummer Flowers- Roses


Summer roses

Roses are the flower for this month. June brides often choose roses for their bouquet, perfect.


A great look is for vintage shades of dusky pink and faded mauve, as a fabulous hand tied bouquet. Timeless elegance. Very romantic.







In my garden the roses are looking just fabulous. The scent is wonderful. I grow the old varieties and the David Austin English roses, because to me a rose without perfume is missing something important.
My favourites:
Albertine -a climbing rose in peachy pink, beautifully scented.
Constance Spry- goblet shaped blooms of rich pink.
New Dawn- pale baby pink flowers.
Penelope- creamy pink multiple flowers
Cornelia- Pink scented flowers
Winchester Cathedral- pure white
Golden Celebrations- yellow

Hand-tied small bouquet of deep pink roses

Peach roses in simple mirror cube- Table arrangement


Of course many of the roses which I use for weddings are without scent, but slowly the growers and wholesale flower markets are bringing in new varieties grown specifically for their perfume.

I have to tell you of the best rose scented Perfume, and believe me I have researched this one.... The best is Jo Malone Red Roses.

This brings me to my second favourite summer scented flower, orange blossom, the mock orange or Philadelphus smells amazing. And guess what, Jo Malone do the most exquisite Orange Blossom cologne too. My all time favourite.

No comments:

Post a Comment